Mar 28, 2015

My Neighbours are Killing Me!..

I'm starting to hate my neighbours from the apartment above mine. Really. The reason for this is their air-conditioner. I'm so mad I don't know where to begin from....
First of all, I think that it's my neighbours' right to have an air-conditioner. But why, for God sake, it has to be a machine created to heat a space with the size of a factory?!! C'mon!...Their apartment is smaller than mine!... The things are something like this:




I always say "our", but my boyfriend is not so bothered as I am, because usually he sleeps much deeper than me. So I feel like it's all my fight and I should say "my"... It's almost like a war between me and the neighbours. A silent war. A polite war. 

So as you see from my amateur drawing above, the situation is not good at all for me. The air-conditioner, which I call the Monster, is right above our heads. More acurately, above MY head, because I sleep on that side of the bed. The Monster is installed on the wall of the neighbours' balcony and that is exactly where our bedroom is designed to be. Apparently, they haven't thought in advance is this the proper place to install it. And why should they? - This is Bulgaria - nobody cares for no one but him/herself. (I'm going to right another post about this soon).

The noise that comes from the Monster is constant rumbling, that makes my ears and head hurt. I feel like I'm not at home, but in a factory indeed. The only place in the apartment that I could almost not hear the Monster is in the kitchen. I hear it in the living room, in the bathroom, in the corridor. But i can't really go and sleep in the kitchen, or on the balcony, because of other people's idiotism, can I?... One morning while I was preparing for work the noise became so loud and the vibrations so strong (I forgot to mention the vibrations...) that when I touch the door of my bedroom, it was vibrating. THE DOOR!!!... So imagine what is like to sleep in this room...It's more like TRYING to sleep. 
I couldn't take it anymore and went to talk with my neighbours, for the first time in last half an year or so. I was polite. I explained what is like to be in my bedroom, I even insisted someone to come and hear/feel what it's like. They refused but said they'll try to do something about it. 

It turned out that my neighbours not only didn't consider the arrangement of the apartments in the building, but also, decided to save some money or something on putting some stuff on the Monster to make it sound-proof.








A few days later apparently they fixed this, because the sound was lower.

I could hear it, but my door stopped vibrating. 








This "happiness" didn't last for long. I talked with my neighbours a couple of times more. I begged them to at least turn-off the Monster around midnight, so I could have some sleep.....
They did it. So far, so good. Till last night. 

I FEEL LIKE SH*T.

The Monster was still happily rumbling around 11 o'clock in the evening. I went to bed and I was thinking: "Ok, it has to stop around 12, so everything's fine..."
Nah-ah! The Monster was happily rumbling ALL F*CKING NIGHT! 

I put my ear plugs, couple of times, because my ears were hurting me and I was turning over in my bed all night and I had some stupid dreams. Around 8 a.m. the rumbling stopped. Thank you,neighbours, for your concern!!! I didn't know I'm supposed to sleep in the weekend during THE DAY and be active during THE NIGHT.... Thank you for the enlightenment!...

So now I'm writing on my computer, still with a headache... And I'm not one of these people that usually suffer from headaches....
I'm complaining here on my blog, because there's no one (and nowhere) else I can complain to. The law can't help me, so I suppose I will die earlier than I was supposed to... Or I'll have to enjoy some stupid illness. 
Thanks again, neighbours, and GO TO HELL!

P.S: Any advice on the matter,guys?... :(

No comments:

Post a Comment